Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Bible & the Key

Remember my 19th post Home Alone 'Imprisonment'?

I'll continue my story on that day.

After posting my it, I walked towards Chowking, I thought, if I am going to buy a meal there that would cost me almost a hundred pesos. So i bought a kilo of chicken instead...did some groceries, and dashed back at home as fast as I could so I could cook right away.

While cooking, I found a pirated cd of Superman Returns so I decided to watch it.

Honestly, I found the movie boring and lacked twist in the story. I never enjoyed it and foundmyself sleepy at times.
but I remembered what Lex Luther said:

"gods are selfish beings who fly around with capes and don't share power with mankind."

hmm... he sounded like the serpent in the garden of Eden while tempting Eve to eat the forbidden fruit.

Anyway, I still finished the movie... and was glad it ended there.

Well, I admit, I had some pity on superman when he was on the hospital, showing that he's human too.

After watching it, I ate almost half of the chicken! Boy! Was I that hungry?!

I went back to my room, it's just a step away from the living room. (he,he)

And saw the slim Bible. It's my mom's Bible given by Pastor Edwin Tan.

My key is beside the Bible...

I realized, I've been drowning myself with lots of books, fictional, historical etc... but the Bible has been always there, but I never bothered to read it up for years.

So I started to read Genesis chapter one.

... I was surprised... everything seems new to my mind. It's like I'm reading from a newly bought, but popular book.

I enjoyed reading the Creation...to Cain & Abel, Noah, the Tower of Babel...

It's REFRESHING.

I never thought that reading the Bible could be entertaining... well, don't get me wrong. I highly respect "the Book", cuz once, when our house was flooded, it's one of the first stuffs that I saved.
The Bible... the Key...

It made me realize, that the key to my happiness will be found in His Word!

Such a simple rule but neglected often.

Don't you think?

You just need to read it whole heartedly...

have Faith, never guard it down...

Right now, I am enjoying reading the stories in the Bible. Though I do not understand some of it, but I know someday God will make me understand it!

One step at a time....

I highly recommend "the Book" the HOLY BIBLE (King James Version 1611)

7002.91.70

2 Comments:

Blogger Trip Atomic said...

wow. what an epiphany!

8:01 PM  
Blogger brain-fade SPY said...

Epiphany ba ang dating?

Thanks for your opinions on these 'outbursting' posts...

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home